What to Expect From a Painting Contractor
As a savvy customer you are probably going to be getting multiple estimates from different painting contractors. How do you compare the contractor’s estimates apples to apples to each other? Below are a few guidelines to help you figure it out:
The key to a solid paint job is the preparation. Make sure that no corners are being cut.
Please make sure that all of your estimates include the following steps:
1. Pressure wash to remove all dirt, chalking and mildew to ensure a clean surface for painting.
2. Scrape and sand any loose or peeling paint
3. Caulk fascia, around doors, and cracks where needed
4. Apply elastomeric patch to hairline cracks
5. Fill any holes in fascia
6. Apply masonry sealer to stucco to cover chalking of old paint and to help new paint adhere to structure
7. Apply paint as one spray coat (to get the proper mils) and one back roll coat to work the paint into the nooks and crannies of the stucco
Call Cullen Painting, Inc. Today at (561) 798-3716 for a free written estimate.